Did You Know?
If you are particularly eager to undertake diving as your main form of data collection for your dissertation or master’s thesis this will give you the background skills to work towards that goal.
What this opportunity offers you
• Increase you experience in scientific diving
• Be professional in the way you contribute to the NOC dive team
• Learn key skills which will set you apart and increase your employability
• Free experience for a skill which can be hard to finance yourself
• Get submerged and involved in science
• Network with colleagues/ dive buddies
The skills you will gain that will impress employers:
- Communication skills
- Networking skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Team working skills
Ben Robinson MSci Marine Biology Graduate
I had an absolutely great time with NOCS dive team, I gained experience in scientific diving, worked with a friendly team and gained opportunities I never expected. Including presenting at conferences/workshops, meeting contacts and it is invaluable in in my new position as a marine biologist with BAS (British Antarctic Survey).