Did You Know?
Over 740 school teams from the UK and as far afield as Australia and Japan compete do decrypt ciphers that uncover a mystery storyline. There is also the opportunity to go to the awards ceremony that takes place in the historically significant Bletchley Park where code breakers worked in World War II.
What this opportunity offers you
- Opportunity to learn more IT skills
- Take part in a national challenge
- Chance to visit Bletchley Park for the Award Ceremony
The skills you will gain that will impress employers:
- Communication skills
- IT and digital literacies
- Numeracy skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-management and personal effectiveness skills
“After taking part in the Cipher Challenge throughout secondary school, I really wanted to study at the University of Southampton, and volunteering to help in the Challenge was the obvious next step. Moderating the Challenge Forums is a lovely way to give back to the University. Plus,I can still unofficially take part in the Challenge and do a bit of code breaking too.”