Did You Know?
The EPSRC hosts research projects from all research fields.
What this opportunity offers you
• Chance to manage your own research
• Network with staff
• Increase scientific speciality and knowledge
• Utilise your skills from your degree
• Be enterprising
• Extend this research to support your dissertation
• The chance to publish papers from your results
• Extend the research to give you an in depth dissertation or thesis.
The skills you will gain that will impress employers:
- Career management skills
- Commercial awareness skills
- Communication skills
- Creativity skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Enterprise skills
- Information literacy skills
- Intellectual and subject knowledge skills
- IT and digital literacies
- Networking skills
- Persuading/negotiating/influencing skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Research skills
- Self-management and personal effectiveness skills
- Social responsibility and global awareness skills
Maxime Jullian, Bsc Oceanography Student 3rd year
This bursary was a great opportunity to get involved in research over the summer and get a head start on my final year independent project. Carrying on with the same project, I aim to produce a significant piece of research worth publishing and to apply for the Undergraduate Awards 2016!