Did You Know?
University of Southampton has a working collaboration with BIOS in Bermuda which means summer placements and scholarships are available to our students.
What this opportunity offers you
• Interact with tropical species
• Gain experience in in-water sampling by snorkelling
• Have the chance to plan your own surveys
• unprecedented access to explore sites not open to public
• You can network and organise collaborations with BIOS staff
• The ability to experience the sub-tropical environment
• Be responsible for your own hypotheses and ideas.
• Become familiar with new equipment and new methods for sampling
The skills you will gain that will impress employers:
- Communication skills
- Creativity skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Intellectual and subject knowledge skills
- Leadership skills
- Networking skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Research skills
- Team working skills
Kirsty Bradley, MSci Marine Biology Graduate
Bermuda instils pure jealousy from my colleagues at NOCS let alone my friends from other universities, Bermuda was the highlight of my degree. It was so refreshing to get submerged for science and interact with our course material so closely, using technical equipment like photo transects and video sledges. And of course who doesn’t enjoy blue lagoons, underwater cave systems, glorious beaches and sunshine. It was epic!