Did You Know?
“The Balloon debate presents new opportunities for students. They are invited to think creatively and flexibly, using their knowledge of nursing and healthcare in general to formulate an innovative idea for enhancing the lives of people with long term conditions. It is also an chance for them to practice presentation skills and it’s always good to see how confidently and creatively they can present their ideas to a large audience.” Kim Bezzant, BN Programme Lead
What this opportunity offers you
- You will be counted amongst the very few individuals who have done this over the past 3 years and will be accredited accordingly.
- Support will be provided by the module team to help you prepare and become familiar with equipment in the lecture theatre.
- Great opportunity to feature on your CV, to showcase your entrepreneurial set of mind and enthusiastic approach to seeking unique, challenging experiences alongside your degree.
The skills you will gain that will impress employers:
- Communication skills
- Creativity skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Enterprise skills
- IT and digital literacies
- Leadership skills
- Persuading/negotiating/influencing skills
- Research skills
- Social responsibility and global awareness skills
- Team working skills
Alexandra, BN Child Year 2 (2015)
“I really recommend getting involved in the Balloon Debate because it’s really good for improving your public speaking, as well as your confidence. I was really nervous beforehand, but I’m really glad I have done it! So get involved!”