Did You Know?
The AMECA Trust has invested £200,000 into the construction of The AMECA Wing at the Beit CURE orthopedic hospital. The AMECA Wing, opened in May 2011, comprises a totally sustainable income-producing private elective surgical ward, which supports sustainable medical education and care in isolated African communities.
What this opportunity offers you
- Immerse yourself in Malawian culture
- Broaden your understanding of Health Care in a third world country
- Meet like minded people and build connections for life
- Climb Mount Mulanje; the highest peak in southern Africa
- Make a contribution to a really worthwhile community project in Malawi
- Spend time up close with wildlife in Liwonde National Park
- Have some awesome R&R at Cape Maclear, Lake Malawi
The skills you will gain that will impress employers:
- Communication skills
- Creativity skills
- Enterprise skills
- Language skills
- Persuading/negotiating/influencing skills
- Social responsibility and global awareness skills
- Team working skills
The expedition blew my mind – every day was an amazing journey with amazing people. It began my final year of study on a massive high which, after the year I’ve had, I needed. It’s been an unforgettable experience and wouldn’t have been possible without the organisation and humour from Secret Compass and AMECA.