Did You Know?
Every Academic President is responsible for leading a team of up to ten course reps!
What this opportunity offers you
- Full training and support is provided
- Responsibility to provide a voice for your department to the Faculty
- Becoming a key member of an effective students’ union
- Very strong experience for a CV
- Social opportunities in meeting with course representatives
- Developing professional relationships with the department staff and working on new initiatives to help improve all aspects of your academic unit.
The skills you will gain that will impress employers:
- Communication skills
- Intellectual and subject knowledge skills
- Leadership skills
- Networking skills
- Persuading/negotiating/influencing skills
- Project management skills
- Self-management and personal effectiveness skills
- Team working skills
“My time as Academic President has seen me develop professional relationships within the department. I have had the priveledge of representing my peers and leading a dedicated team of Course Reps. The wide variety of skills that I have gained will doubtless be of great help when looking for a job upon graduation. Being able to work closely with staff has allowed me to build those bonds that will serve me very well as I go forward in to the wide world of philosophy in the future”.